Whether you are an out-of-town family in need of a vacation or a family in the DFW Metroplex in need of a "staycation," Grand Prairie offers unique attractions that will entertain you all.
Top Things to Do for Family Fun
- Experience holiday magic! Drive through the spectacular Prairie Lights drive-through holiday light park starting Thanksgiving Day.
- House of imagination! Pose with a "celebrity" and make your hair stand on end at Ripley's Believe It Or Not and Louis Tussaud's Palace of Wax.
- Thrills and deals! Take the daring drop on the Flea Fall and go for a spin on the Scrambler at Traders Village, "The Famous Texas Flea Market."
- Place your bets! Catch the fun and excitement of world-class horse racing at Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie.
- Show Time! Verizon Theatre hosts a wide range of shows from music concerts to comedy, magic and more.
- Home Grown and So Tasty! Stop by Grand Prairie Farmers Market Saturdays April through December for fresh produce and weekly special events.
- Curtain Call! Uptown Theater, a historic downtown landmark, presents local, regional and national touring acts including concerts, dance and theatrical performances.
- A Trip to Asia! Asia Time Square and Hong Kong Market is one of the largest Asian grocery stores in the DFW metroplex area.
- A Shopper's Dream! Grand Prairie Premium Outlets features a grand collection of the finest brands for your family for extraordinary savings.
- Family Day Outdoors! Pack a picnic and your fishing gear for a day on the lake at Grand Prairie's Lake Parks.
- Play Ball! Watch the Texas AirHogs play minor league baseball May through September in a family friendly ballpark – complete with a 17,000-square-feet Wide World of Parks Kids Zone protected with netting along the right field line.