Year-Round Outdoor Fun
- Visit Grand Prairie Loyd Park for a day outing or overnight camping. Park amenities include cabins, picnic areas, pavilions, boat ramp with trailer parking, boat dock, volleyball and softball field, swimming beach, hiking, biking and equestrian trails, paddling trail, and canoe and kayak rentals.
- Golf at beautiful, top-ranked golf courses.
- Challenge yourself to Disc Golf at Turner Park (at Belt Line Rd. and Tarrant Rd.), a popular disc golf course that weaves through hills and trees.
- Spend a day of outdoor bargain hunting at Traders Village, "The Famous Texas Flea Market."
- Walk, run or bike on one of Grand Prairie's trails.
- Enjoy watching a good ol' game of minor league baseball at AirHogs Ballpark.
- Catch the fun and excitement of world-class Thoroughbred horse racing at Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie.
- Walk your dog at Central Bark, an off-leash dog park for people who love dogs.
Seasonal Outdoor Fun
- Grand Prairie's Prairie Lights drive-through holiday light park is a must-see Christmastime attraction.
- Visit Grand Prairie Farmers Market for weekly shopping and special events April–December.
- Enjoy the fun and excitement of world-class Thoroughbred horse racing in the spring and Quarter horse racing in the fall at Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie.
- Plan a day at the lake at Lynn Creek Park and Marina open March–September.
- Take your kids for a day in the summer at Splash Factory, an interactive water playground with age-specific play areas including a water wall, ground sprays, magic mist, fountains and more.
- Enjoy watching a good ol' game of minor league baseball at AirHogs Ballpark May–September.
- Lone Star Music Series features concerts at Lone Star Park during months in spring and summer.
Grand Prairie Parks, Arts and Recreation Department
With 52 parks, 6 lake parks, 3 recreation centers, 1 senior citizens center, 1 indoor pool, 3 outdoor pools, 2 golf courses, a dog park, historic Uptown Theater, special events, conference center, 14 miles of trails and more than 5,000 park acres – it's no wonder that the Grand Prairie Parks, Arts & Recreation was awarded the highest award by the National Parks and Recreation Association.