It's A Very Prairie Christmas
Published on November 01, 2022
Sleigh it ain’t so! It’s already that time of the year to enjoy the holidays with our loved ones, and what better way to spend it than in Grand Prairie? If you plan on having family in town for the holidays, we have the perfect activities for everyone to enjoy!
Come witness the magic of the holidays with a premier light park, including 4 million lights along a 2-mile path, with displays of beautiful shapes and arches of color. Open Thanksgiving night through New Year’s Eve, this immersive experience also offers a walk-thru forest, carnival rides, photos with Santa, an animated Christmas tree, photo opportunities, holiday shopping and more! Buy your tickets here: https://prairielights.org/tickets/
Want to experience Prairie Lights in a new way? Take a ride on The Wave boat at Lynn Creek Marina to see Prairie Lights from the water while enjoying some hot cocoa. Rides are available Fri-Sun, November 25 through December 31. Book your Christmas light boat tour here: https://lynncreekmarina.com/christmas-light-boat-tours/
Breakfast with Santa
We hope you’ve been nice this year! Santa is making a pitstop at EpicWaters this holiday season. On December 10, 11, 17 and 18 starting at 9 a.m., round up the kids to enjoy a meet-and-greet and photo opportunities with Santa while enjoying a breakfast and buffet, Christmas crafts, all-day swimming admission and more! Get tickets here: https://epicwatersgp.com/h2olidays/
Ripley's Pancakes with Prancer
True adventure can be found at Ripley’s Believe It or Not! in Grand Prairie. On December 17 from 8 a.m. – 10 a.m., Santa and his reindeer will be on hand to visit with families over a warm breakfast buffet. There will be fun festive activities like holiday crafts and the opportunity to share Christmas wish lists! Tickets are $40 per person and include a 6” x 8” souvenir photo with reindeer and admission to all five Ripley’s Grand Prairie attractions!
Bolder Adventure Park
Are you BOLD enough? Get the whole family out of the house and get active at one of Grand Prairie’s newest attractions, Bolder Adventure Park! This 66,000-square-foot dome structure, with ceilings as tall as 75 feet, offers adrenaline-rushing indoor adventure. Enjoy family-friendly rock climbing, a ropes course, zip lines, tubing slides, synthetic ice skating, adventure nets, a free fall area and so much more! You’ll have so much fun your family will want to come back year-round!
Other Family-Friendly Activities
- Main Event – Come for state-of-the-art bowling, multi-level laser tag, arcade games and more
- Action Skate Park – Enjoy a day of fun skating, biking, rollerblading and more
- Chicken N Pickle – Get ready to enjoy delicious food and play pickleball on the indoor/outdoor pickleball courts. There’s even a patio bar and yard games to keep the kids entertained.
Get all your shopping done early without having to travel! Grand Prairie has everything you need to cross items off your gift list.
Asia Times Square
Check out Asia Times Square, the hub for all Asian goods and home to the largest Asian grocery store in DFW. There are also pop-up shops around the shopping center that sell unique knick-knacks and gifts.
Grand Prairie Premium Outlets
Come shop at more than 90+ stores including Nike, Bloomingdale’s Outlet, DKNY, Kate Spade Outlet, Michael Kors, Joe’s Jeans, Tommy Bahama, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, Coach and more.
Other Holiday Shopping Hotspots
- Ice Skating Rink FREE at City Hall Central, 300 W. Main St. on December 2 – 26 (Closed December 25)
- Holiday Gift Market - December 3 and 10 at Grand Prairie’s Farmers Market
- Traders Village Holiday Market – Saturdays & Sundays from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Trunk Stop – Open daily at Grand Prairie’s Tourist Information Center and offers Texas-centric and Grand Prairie branded gifts including a downtown Christmas Ornament!
- IKEA – Redecorate your house with new kitchen appliances, furniture and home accessories
Upcoming Entertainment You Can't Miss!
- Quarter Horse Racing at Lone Star Park (December 1 – 17)
- Grand Prairie Arts Council presents A Christmas Story – The Musical at Uptown Theatre (December 2-4, 9-11)
- The Ultimate Christmas Variety Show: Starring the Edwards Twins at Uptown Theatre (December 12)
- ‘Twas The Night Before… by Cirque Du Soleil at Texas Trust CU Theatre (November 25 – December 11)
- Brett Eldridge Christmas (December 17)
- Michael Martin Murphey’s Cowboy Christmas at Texas Trust CU Theatre (December 18)
- Gary Owen’s DFW-NYE Takeover VI at Texas Trust CU Theatre (December 30 and 31)