Major League Cricket Stadium
The Texas Super Kings the Major League Cricket Team
The Texas Super Kings, the lone Texas-based team in Major League Cricket (MLC), has revealed its team logo ahead of the inaugural season scheduled to begin on July 13, 2023 at Grand Prairie Stadium (the former AirHogs Stadium), 1600 Lone Star Parkway. The Texas Super Kings logo combines the marquee lone star, representing all of Texas and standing for unity as one state and one country, with the iconic lion of the Chennai Super Kings.
Texas Super Kings is the first major sports team in the state to incorporate the lion in their brand. The team name is characterized by heavy lettering that represents solid and dependable performance, and is topped with the crown, just like the logo used by the Chennai Super Kings, the four-time Indian Premier League winning franchise cricket team based in Chennai, India.
Read the full press release here.
The Grand Prairie Stadium
The City of Grand Prairie approved a long-term lease agreement with Major League Cricket (MLC) and American Cricket Enterprises (ACE) for redevelopment of AirHogs Stadium, 1600 Lone Star Parkway. Redevelopment of the stadium is scheduled to take place throughout 2021 - 2022.
Major League Cricket (MLC) announced the dates for its inaugural season in the summer of 2023, a transformative competition that will bring many of the world’s top cricketers to the United States for the first time. The league’s historic opening match will take place on July 13, 2023, at the newly-constructed Major League Cricket venue, Grand Prairie Stadium, in Grand Prairie, TX. The 2023 season will feature 19 matches to be played over 18 days, building up to the first-ever MLC championship final to take place on July 30, 2023.
Six teams from major metropolitan areas – representing Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Seattle and New York City – will each boast multiple global stars on their rosters alongside the best talent based in the United States, playing the explosive Twenty20 (T20) format of the game.
“Grand Prairie Stadium will be the best cricket venue in the United States upon its completion,” said Ron Jensen, Mayor of Grand Prairie. “This venue will be a huge asset to the Grand Prairie community, bringing Major League Cricket, international cricket and potentially the 2024 ICC T20 Men’s World Cup to Grand Prairie allowing fans here to experience a world class sport in action.”
Read the rest of the press release.
Major League Cricket
Major League Cricket (MLC) is the first professional twenty Cricket League in the world's largest sports market.
MLC, which is exclusively sanctioned by USA Cricket, represents the most ambitious and transformational venture ever undertaken in the American cricket landscape. Focused on staging world class Twenty20 cricket for American cricket fans, MLC will feature top players from around the globe and provide a stage for domestic cricketers to showcase their talents to a global audience.
MLC's inaugural season will take place from July 13-30, 2023, with six teams taking part representing Dallas, San Francisco, New York City, Seattle, Los Angeles and Washington D.C.
How much does parking cost?
Grand Prairie Stadium: Parking is available on-site for purchase on-site during match days for $20. Cash is preferred and will guarantee faster access to the stadium.
Is tailgating allowed in the parking lots?
Yes, tailgating is allowed in the Grand Prairie Stadium parking lots and will be open two hours before the start of each game.
What time do gates open?
60 minutes prior to the first ball being bowled.
What is the stadium bag policy?
Approved bags include plastic, vinyl, or PVC bags that do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"; one-gallon clear, re-sealable plastic storage bags; small clutch bags no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" (approximately the size of a hand) with or without a handle or strap.
Can I bring a flag or banner into the stadium?
- Yes, flags or banners are allowed, but they cannot be larger than 3 feet by 5 feet, unless coordinated with stadium management.
- Flag poles must be hollow PVC pipe without end caps and should not exceed 5 feet in length. If your flag, banner, and/or sign is disruptive to fans in your area, you may be asked to put the item away or it may be removed.
- Flags, banners, and signs displaying signs, symbols, images, using language, or making gestures that are threatening, abusive, or discriminatory, including on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, ability, and/or sexual orientation are prohibited.
- Displaying signs, symbols, or images for commercial purposes or for electioneering, campaigning, or advocating for or against any candidate, political party, legislative issues, or government action is prohibited.
Can I bring in a stroller?
Strollers are permitted at the venues but should never be stored in an aisle or stairway. Guest Services personnel can help identify a proper storage location for any strollers. Guest Services personnel are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal property.
Are there any prohibited items?
- Aerosol cans (including aerosol sunscreen)
- Animals (other than guide dogs or other assistance animals required for medical reasons as documented in a medical certificate)
- Camera tripods, monopods, or commercial digital video equipment
- Clothing containing offensive, inciting, or foul language or depictions
- Electronic amplification devices for musical instruments
- Firearms / Weapons
- Glass bottles or cans
- Inflatable objects
- Laser pointers
- Marketing collaterals such as pamphlets, fliers, product samples, etc. unless approved by Stadium Management
- Outside food and drink
- Reusable drink vessels larger than 30 ounces
- Skateboards, roller skates, skates, hoverboards, scooters, etc.
- Stickers, decals, or other items with adhesives
- Streamers, confetti, and register tape
- Stadium horns (including without limitation, a vuvuzela or caxirola), loud hailers or similar devices
- Use of tobacco products and associated paraphernalia including but not limited to, lighters, vaporizers, vaporizer cartridges, etc.
- Any item displaying commercial logos, which, in the Organiser's view, may conflict with or in any way detract from the rights of any official sponsor or commercial partner related to the Match
What is your animal policy?
We love pets! However, only service animals are allowed in the stadium(s).
Are outside food & drinks allowed in the stadium?
Outside food and drinks are not allowed within the stadium, with the exception of a sealed non-reusable water bottle. You may bring an empty reusable water bottle to refill within the stadium(s) with a maximum size of 30 ounces . These must be plastic (no metal).
Can I bring my own chair?
Grand Prairie Stadium: Outside camping chairs, seat cushions, etc. are not permitted in this venue.
1600 Lone Star Parkway, Grand Prairie 75050 View Map